Friday, April 1, 2011

summer's here!

It's summer again! I always kid my students that in the Philippines, there are only two seasons -- HOT and HOTTER. They always laugh at the idea. But me? I was never happy with it.

Summer in the Philippines is excruciating. With a temperature of over 40, who would ever enjoy it? Luckily, our country is surrounded with lots of beaches by which the nearest is a 2-hour drive from Manila.

I'm not a beach person though. Well, I do enjoy going to the beach, eating bbq, seafood, and grilled stuff on a banana leaf. But getting my skin tanned and spending hours in the water are not just my favorites.

Maybe, one of the reasons why I don't enjoy it that much is that I'm scared of seawater. Not that I had a bad experience or something. I also do know how to swim, not a pro, but I know the basics. Nevertheless, I don't like seawater. I've read and I've seen from news how powerful water is. When you're trapped, there's no way out. And drowning is one of  the most dreadful ways to fight for one's life.

Awww. morbid.

Anyway, I'm thinking of greater ways to enjoy this season. Eat halo-halo? Sounds good. Go to Baguio? Better. Go abroad? Impossible. Oh, I think we'll end up swimming in a pool this summer.

Well anyway, it's just the beginning of the season. I can still do a lot of planning. :) Happy tag-init! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment