Monday, June 13, 2011

Day 2 - Romblon







Wow. It took me a month before I wrote again. I was really very busy these past few weeks (actually, I am still busy). The book thingy has been making me work my ass off. Arrrggggh!!!

Anyway, to get myself back to sanity, I would like to destress and continue the story of our Romblon getaway. Ha! Too late? Not yet. I thought I should write the memories down now before it would really be too late (to remember everything, that is). Okay...okay. so here it goes..

Day 2 was still activity-filled. After the long day ONE, my friends who were sober (because they didn't drink or should I say, escaped drinking -- you know who you are, guys!), woke up early. I was oblivious of the time as I took off my watch as soon as we stepped foot in Romblon (and I didn't use my cellphone much). Maybe, it was around 8am when I woke up. We had coffee by the beach, took pictures (again), and went boating. Oh well, I didn't, but most of them did. I regretted not doing so because I thought I missed a lot. They had great experiences seeing the mountains and peeping through the very clear waters of Calatrava. While, I, had my own share of me-time lying on the bed and thinking about the previous night's happenings. I laughed as I shared stories with Lea (who also did not go boating). We reminisced all the things that had happened the night before as if they happened ages ago. And oh, of course the highlight of the story was when we were all about to sleep and yet, Phay, my sometimes-normal-but-oftentimes-crazy friend, brought our spirits up by her renowned anticness (Oh well, that's Phay for you) and we all ended up laughing until we fell asleep.

Anyway, before noon, we decided to leave the island. The owner of the resort was kind enough to let us go island-hopping. But actually, we just stopped at one island which was really, really wonderful. We were awed by the beauty of it. It was called "Tinagong Dagat". Well, by name of it, you could already tell what it was. There was this part of the sea surrounded with rocks which made it look like it was hidden. Well before we saw it, we had to trek first. It was not easy as the rocks were really big and sharp. One mistake and you'd end up bruised or worse, ran to the hospital (which was, by the way, hours from where the island was). So there, we were so careful but at the same time, very excited. Then, we took pictures again. We didn't stay for a long time because that day was a total scorcher. We would have stayed longer had we remembered putting sunblock on.

Then, we rode the boat again back to Calatrava where the van was waiting for us. Since it was already past noon and we hadn't have lunch yet, Lern and Jon decided to take us to Mack's. We thought it was MAX's, so we were like, "Ah, talaga? May Max's dito?" Haha. Then we found out that it was a house-turned-restaurant. Nevertheless, the food was equally yummy (for starving stomachs).

I was having a superb time when my manager texted me. Didn't I say I didn't use my cellphone much at that time? Good thing, I glanced at it and saw text messages and missed calls. I was supposed to send an article for my VIP student. Whoa! I totally forgot it. Fortunately, we were in the town and internet shops were just around the corner. I rushed to the net cafe and sent the article right away. Whew. Thank God. My head nearly rolled. (--.--)

When we arrived at Villa Teresita (Lerni and Jon's house), we JUST changed our clothes (yes, that's right) because we were off to LOOC. From Odiongan, it took an hour of a car-ride.Since my aunt lived there, I took the chance to meet her. We talked for just a few minutes because we were about to go to SANCTUARY.

Sanctuary was where Looc's sea treasures could be found. It was in the middle part of the sea (shallow part) and a big nipa hut stood there.  When we reached Looc, we rode a motor boat to go there. Since it's a tourist site, a fee was required (Thanks Lern and Jon!). We were given life vests and snorkels. Again, we were so excited! When we arrived there, we put on our snorkels and swam our way. At first, I felt some pricking i-don't-know-what on my legs. I panicked because I thought they were jellyfish. Then my friends said they were just miniscule fish. I didn't believe them until I saw some. Haha. Oh well, they were really prickly! Jet, my risk-taker slash adventurer friend, swam a bit far from where the hut was and said it was wonderful out there. So we thought we should see it too. Indeed, on that part of the sea was where big corals, shells and colorful fishes lingered. It was really amazing. For a while, all of us where silent as we looked at these awesome God-made creatures. It was..really.. indescribable.

As it was already getting dark, we decided to get off the waters. We stayed in the hut for a while, drank some beer, ate fresh-off-the grill fish,  and talked and laughed about the things we saw under the water. After some minutes, we cleaned up after ourselves and went back to Lerni and Jon's place.
Just when we thought the night was over, we were wrong. Lern's mom prepared a lot of food for us. Honestly, my diet was devastated in this Romblon getaway. She cooked 'yellow adobo' and another dish (which I couldn't remember now, don't get me wrong here. Both were delicious. "Yellow adobo" just stayed in my mind coz it was unique). Anyway, after taking a bath and feeling fresh, we ate dinner and spent the night with JC (guys, you know who JC, right?). And of course, videoke (again)!

It was around 3am when we thought we should call it a day. We were all dead-tired but happy. It was really one-of-a-kind experience! :) 


 


At Sanctuary
phay :P
snorkeling at sanctuary
having a blast
treking at 'tinagong dagat'
we are survivors :P
tinagong dagat
dinner at Jon and Lern's house
the villa

No comments:

Post a Comment